Well, I've been promising everyone a group email, and whilst I can't really remember what's happened over the past few weeks, I will endeavour you to enlighten you on our brothers and sisters in the Northern Hemisphere.
A funny story (slightly explicit, close your ears/eyes if you're easily offended) about misinterpretations:
Whilst Ellie is sitting on the floor of her loungeroom, she realises an appropriate way to describe netball, so she tells Libby (housemate) that 'Netball is like Ultimate Frisbee' (Now, Frisbee is a subject you can take at the University of Florida - FOR CREDIT (along with Tai Chi, Cricket and various other random sports)- so they take it very seriously...). A friend who was over at the time looks shocked and asks 'What did you say?' Ellie repeats herself: 'Netball - it's a sport'. Once again our friend looks shocked...'You have a game called...NIPPLE?' Ellie, realising the absurdity of this question bursts into laughter...(pause for a moment, for laughter)
Not five minutes later, as Ellie is raiding the cupboard for her much loved Special K and Red Berries Cereal, she is chastised by this same friend, because she should be studying. As Ellie defiantly digs into the ceral packet whilst sitting on the lino, this friend drops her books and dives towards the defiant Ellie. Ellie screams. Friend screams back 'Now get off of your Fanny and get over there and study!'. THIS was too much for Ellie, who falls on the ground in fits of laughter, holding her gut and wiping her mascara stained tears from her cheeks. The Americans stare, confused. Ellie explains, and suddenly the room is in fits of laughter regarding Nipples and Fannies. It is now that Ellie mentions why she finds the term, 'Fanny pack' (bum bag) is, and the girls double over. Yet another successful attempt at getting the Americans to laugh at themselves nearly as much as we do.
In other news, today Ellie called to make an appointment to get a fringe. It took repeating herself twice for her to realise that what she was in fact requesting were 'bangs'. So, Ellie has 'bangs'...
Dancing at Lughnasa is over! After two and a half weeks or rehearsals 7 days a week, three hours a day - it's over. I learnt more lines than I had ever learnt, got more in touch with my character than I ever have before, and got to see semi-professionals in action. It was a very stressful time for me, but I know God will show me the purpose in having done it.
I have recently been offered a job at the library at school with Paige, which I will accept as I need a job over the holidays to pass time and earn money for
Planning for
I continue to have fun hanging out with my housemates, who really are the coolest. We are just silly a lot of the time, which is fun. We also take some random, late night trips to Target and Walmart (Open 24 hours!!! That's right, so if your DVD breaks at
James came down to visit three weeks ago and despite the stress of Dancing at Lughnasa and assessment, we had a ball. We played, talked, danced, went to church, hung out with the roommates and just sat together. It was very nice.
I am planning on buying a scooter to get around on during the holidays (ie to get to work), which is exciting. There's a picture of it on bugbitten if you want to check it out. A friend is selling it for $600, most of which I'll get back when I sell it. It will be nice to not have to rely on Paige and Libby for lifts! I think they'll have fun borrowing it also. Now I just need my licence...(they make you sit for a test! How rude!)...
School is going well, but, as I said - I'm a wee bit behind! I did a shocking attempt at my Hebrew Scriptures test on Monday...but - C's get degrees! So I'm just praying to scrape through...I love the content in my subjects, just not the testing!
In other news - I have purchased myself a webcam, so for those of you with msn (BETA version - download it! It's awesome and only takes a few minutes...www.msn.com), pop on sometime and I'll show you my room. You may even catch a glimpse of one of a housemate in his/her natural surroundings! Just be mindful of the time difference and that I have usually either just woken up oram dog tired...so unless you're awake at
Well, I hope and pray this finds you all well.
I'll try keep you all updated on my happenings. Check out www.bugbitten.com/Ellie (or under Elyssa Jade Lambert)- I'm having issues with uploading pictures, but I've uploaded a few. Still have lots of
Thank you for your enquiries about my well-being + your prayer support. It means a lot. I have been very blessed.
His,
Ellie
No comments:
Post a Comment