

Look Ma! I CARVED A PUMPKIN! Halloween was yesterday :) This is Jack, Jack Skellington ;) We got approximately eight trick or treaters in poor costumes...haha...I so shoulda dressed up, but I got the idea ;)
Life's returned to the normal hustle bustle of my psuedo subjects...This past weekend I found myself lazing around with NO HOMEWORK. Amazing. It felt so darn good. I suppose if I was the studios, un-procrastinating type, I would have gotten ahead on future projects...but I'm not that type. So I sat around on msn, the phone and the lounge, not to mention some quality bonding time with my pillow.
I feel like I should be creating, writing, reading, something...but it was nice to spend a weekend semi-comatose around the house.
Our stupidly cold patch of weather has passed, and I can fairly comfortably leave the house in a singlet and jumper so long as a wield my leather gloves (Neish - they're SUPER effective).
I'm tired of catching the dirty buses by the way.
The reality of it being my last five weeks here is starting to set in. I often look around my wardrobe in a manic craze for things to throw out to lessen my burden...I feel it will be quite the cleansing ritual to throw out the clothes that have, to some extent and to some people, defined me while I've been over here. I might buy a bundle of hippy Thai clothes to instigate an identity confusion when I return...
Leaving is giving me mixed reactions. It's definitely time to go and I'm so excited to leave, but I think I will be sad to leave the Gainesville kids I love. I know I'm about 15 hours drive from them, but I feel like leaving the States will be a huge step away from them and the distant possibility that they might drop in. Still, I'm rallying the troupes to come our way in their Summer next year :D Don't know how convincing I am, so y'all might wanna put your two bobs' worth in ;) Tell 'em we have kangaroo babies to give away or something?
My classes are...yes, crazily easy. We're doing nothing. I will enter my 7th hour of drawing a t-shirt tomorrow morning, tomorrow arvo we'll discuss what to do with the Detroit kiddies next Monday (and since we test the tasks we decide on, this may involve cutting, pasting and using crayons), we're inbetween projects in my Processes class, so we're just kinda waiting for direction, and my video teacher is in Brazil this week, so no class! I know I won't be laughing in a few weeks when I'm trying to get everything done before Anisia and Danny arrive, and I have to pack and organise some youth stuff at church, but hey...after that, it's all just holiday time :) And He will get me through, eh?
Tonight James and I are headed off to the gym once again (we've fostered a nice partnership with a new guy from his work, Simeon. We need a car and he needs belayers! NICE!). This weekend James is headed back to the Red River Gorge in Kentucky, but I'll use this weekend to get ahead with things and do stuff I feel I should've done this last weekend. The following Friday we plan on renting a car for the weekend for only $60! SWEEEEET. We'll drive to Niagara and then have A CAR for the weekend...the possibilities are ENDLESS...dinner out, driving to church...wowsers...FUN.
So I guess for now I'm just waiting...waiting for so many things...it's a beautiful place to wait though, in the Autumn leaves, the refreshing breeze and knowing that God's got everything amazingly and inexplicably under control.
Well, I keep uploading pics to bugbitten.com/Ellie and they offer a better story, I feel. Make sure you check the end of adventures, where I often tag on a few etra pics before starting a new adventure...confusing I know.
Hope you are all well...leave me a comment to let me (and others?) know what you're doing!? Lots and lots of love,
ELLIE
SONGS I'M LISTENING TO AND RECKON Y'ALL SHOULD DOWNLOAD:
* Maybe There's a Loving God (Sara Groves - sooo beautiful for reflection...you'll love it, Melissa)
* Falling in Love (Falling Up)
6 comments:
Ellie I miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i miss you too, libby. you're awesome.
hahaha evil laughter.
seriously though. i miss you dude and i really want to come visit. i can't believe you're leaving so soon.
we're comiiiiiiiiiing!!!!!
I'm with him!
What I am doing?
Well, first of all, I am always missing you terribly when I read this. We definitely did not get enough time together! But, the time we did have, I will cherish. Even though we don't have photographic proof of our awesome time at the museum.
Also, I started a new job. I am working at the hospital as a pseudo-secretary but the pay is good, the hours are awesome (M-F, no nights) and I get health and dental insurance!
And, your package is being sent out this week. You will get it before you leave, don't worry.
That's about all for now. :)
Post a Comment