wow.
so far this trip has been...a trip :)
i'll fast forward through the slow bits to the important part...
§ snow storm made for rushed departure from ann arbor (thanks lois!)
§ sad to say goodbye to class mates and teachers and lois and leeanne
§ excited to be on my way to london
§ journey to new york took 24 hours (watched dvds of the girl in front of me without sound), jumped on earlier flight to london, arriving after just 6 hours...met up with jordan
§ explored london (nice, interesting, but also kinda dirty and american) most quotable quote 'mmm, and then we'll go past the old building thingy with the chinese banners' (yes, this was what we called the building all day until that night we discovered we were referring to THE tower of london...)
§ flew to 'secret destination' - salzbürg, austria (where mozart was born and the sound of music was filmed)
OKAY
then, we spent some time wandering around the city on the first day, wandered into the 'old city'on the second day, meandering past exciting christmas markets, a MASSIVE church and stunning views of a very old, very large castle overlooking the city...
day three...
we decided to venture up to the top of the castle and check it out. we wandered around for probably an hour before heading back to the lookout where we began. it was a beautiful day, though we couldn't see the surrounding mountains very well for the thick frosty air. there was a little sleet on the ground...but it didn't stop jordan from going down on bended knee...and asking that i spend the rest of my life with him...
:)
i told him that it would be an honour. and those of you who know him will agree.
ahhh yes, God's beautiful twist is finally revealed to all ;) we'd been clued in to the plan for a few months, but felt it both nice and important to keep it to ourselves until we were geographically together.
i really don't have much else to say...i don't want to share the beautiful details of his proposal over a blog, and i don't want to harp on about what an amazing choice the ring was....
but if you'd like to email, i can try and fill you in :) ...time is rushed here on the internet...the euro and pound are slugging us in the guts, but we're making it through on yummy bakerei food!!!! basically, we're just basking in the 'us'ness, enjoying the solitude and leaving the news to spend like wild fire back home.
thank you all for your VERY kind messages...(we squeel like little kids when the phone beeps!) and for your overwhelming support. and for those of you who know jordan and i...how cool is this plan?! what a clever, faithful and Good God we have.
okay. we love you all. will try post again soon...and photos of salzburg!!! google it...the castle is called Hohensalzbürg :)
Love you...
Ellie (and Jordan...from the next computer ;)
Friday, December 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Congratulations blog style Ellie! I'm so happy about your news!
Is it tacky to post on your fiancee's blog? Pfft. Not at all. I guess this is my opportunity to share with all of the dedicated Ellie-blog readers my own joy at the prospect of sharing my life with this beautiful young lady you all know.
Ellie has been integral to my own faith and life. She gives me a clearer picture of my own identity in Christ. Her faith grounds me, and her insights help me to regain perspective on those things that truly matter. Her love for me gives me a bigger picture of the Love our God offers us all: I dont understand why she would love me, and I certainly don't deserve her love, but by no means will I question it - I will just always continue to make my best effort to love her in return.
For many, this step in our relationship will come as a surprise - but for us, it is perhaps the most natural progression we have ever made. I praise God that I will be marrying my best friend. Wow. I am humbled by her love, and the Love of our God that He would craft such a fairytale for us both. We have a God of story telling. One must only glance at the Scriptures to see how 66 books and 39 authors come together to tell one coherent story that climaxes with the Love and sacrficie of Jesus. I praise Him that He would take the time and consideration to create for Ellie and I our own story.
As we sit here in London we revel in each other's company, but are somewhat saddened that we cannot share our joy and love with those who are significant to us. That said, we are enjoying being able to distance ourselves from the wild fire of news-spreading. We are resting in the joy of our promise to each other.
On a final note, I must make mention of the Faithfulness of our God. We have a Faithful God - one who provides for all our needs. Ellie has again taught me that God hears our prayers, and provides in abundance. Let us dance for our King.
In Him,
Jordan
Jordan: WOW. Your insight and wisdom amazes me. Yes, God is good. You already know how utterly excited I am for the both of you. I tried to message numerous times but realise maybe only Jordan's phone is receieving messages? I reciprocate your feeling of not being able to share the joy that you are now feeling. I would love nothing more than to give you both such a huge hug and show my support for such an amazing progression in your friendship. I am really looking forward to seeing you VERY soon when we get back to London. We're now in Edinburgh, so from tomorrow we're on the downhill stretch to get to you guys. Can't wait!! We have so much to catch up on. Love you both.
Anisia xo
Oh MY GOODNESS!!! i still feel like bursting in to tears even 4 days after i have heard the news!!! WOW im amazed... God is mysterious but it all works out in the end hey... who knows whats around the corner!! what an adventure you two have been on. I feel so blest to have known you both and to hear this is amazing... yes the tears are welling!!
I was at the GC for my graduation on the 15th of Dec when i heard the news. Just arrived back to south Aus land today. Letoya, Coatsey, Keturah, Mark, Tamara, Adam and Matthias are all very very happy for you both!!!
Peace your way bro and sis
LOVE RENEE
You know how happy I am for you guys, but I want to say it again here.
I can't wait to see you (in 3 day's time, in Amsterdam!!!) so I can hug you both. :)
God is awesome.
Congratulations Ellie on everything...your graudation, successful trip across America, and mostly on your engagement! I wish you and Jordan the best and pray God blesses your relationship.
-Vanesa-
Post a Comment