Monday, January 23, 2006

neustadt, germany


Hello All!
Well, Jordan has left us :( As Martha so poetically put it; another one bites the dust...After the disappearance of Jordan, Nic and Cristie left us also...and then there were four: Martha, Ellie, Anisia and Daniel. It'll be like this until Feb the 15th, when we go our separate ways: Martha to Thailand, Anisia and I to Turkey and Daniel to Germany for his year abroad.
So, Anisia and I are a little confused about whether or not Turkey is safe at present, and since we don't get to listen to English news, can someone please tell us just how serious it is?!?!?! Might Google it ;) The other option is goign to Thailand earlier, but there's bird flew there too, I hear...has been for ages. Haha...oh to be back in the sunburnt country!
Well, we're presently staying with a lovely couple, Richard and Uschi and their daughters, Isobel and Caroline (14 and 16 years old). We are being very spoilt with hot showers, more food than we can handle and PLENTY of wine! They never drink, so they've decided to open ALL THEIR BOTTLES and test that they're still okay.....hahah...we have about 6 bottles to get through. Had a 10 year old wine last night which was DIVINE. Dessert wine...mmmm...
Okay, I must go.
Jordan, I miss you. Come back?
Love you all,
Ellie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Ellie!

So good to hear you're being looked after well in Neustadt. Sounds glorious.

Well - as per my last blog post, I am now back in Oz and have started my new job. Wish I could be there sipping dessert wine with you. Instead, I'll stick to cold water and my pedestal fan.

Love you,

Jordan

Anonymous said...

Ellie!
Don't eat chicken! I'm glad your trip is going well. Dr. Ellis played "Waltzing Matilda" on the carillon last week and I thought of you, and someone else in the studio went to Australia for semester break. She visited the carillon at U. Sydney. I'm really thinking of coming to visit next summer. My mom and bro got me Australia travel books for Christmas!
Keep having an awesome time in Europe and Asia!