I am perhaps a little too proud of my latest late night habit (I call it a study reward!)...
Jordan and I discovered Ticket to Ride* online on the weekend - we don't own it so we were so excited to find an online version. I should probably limit myself to only playing when he's around, or I'll spiral into the dark, geeky world of TTRers... Perhaps it's too late.
Yes. We are Vegemite. When he's home we play as a team as these opponents are super speedy and we need a 'spotter' (who finds the cities!) and a buyer (who buys the trains!). Though, as you can see from my solo effort, I can hold my own.The winning route...got longest route by one train, thus pushing me over the edge.
* Ticket to Ride is the most brilliant board game. As with all of our favourite games (Settlers of Catan coming equal first, followed by Carcassonne), we were introduced to the German version by Rikki and Kristin. However, most people play the USA version online, so I'm becoming more familiar with its stations. The basic premise is to build routes according to your route cards (you choose two at the start of the game and can collect subsequent cards at a price). You do this by selling train cards that you collect (two each turn), and trying to complete your routes before the other players get in the way. Bonus points for the longest route. Simple!
Check it out if you want, but beware - they're freakishly fast:
www.daysofwonder.com/en/play

3 comments:
I LOVE Ticket to Ride! I haven't played it in over a year though.
Oooh, check it out online, it'll be the end of you...!
I think you're addicted...
Post a Comment