And because it's been so long, I'm reluctant to update, because there's so much to say...which makes me leave it longer! So I'll do a dot point run down:
* We've moved into our new house! This is our number one most exciting pursuit and we are LOVING having our own home. It's so light and spacious and airy, I love hanging out in it when I get the chance (about once a fortnight, for a few hours - and then I feel lonely because Jordan's usually at work!).
* We are awaiting a couch for our lounge...!
* We are awaiting one Burmilla (Burmese + Chinchilla) kitten to make it feel like home :)
* We live in a beautiful part of the Gold Coast, I feel.
* I've been walking every morning, partly because I love the views (5 minutes to a lookout over the Gold Coast skyline) and partly because I stacked on some flubber living in Praha. I believe that's gone, now just trying to make myself Summer-ready.
* Uni's going well. I finished last semester with two Distinctions and a High Distinction, so that's nice. The other subject is ongoing until December.
* I'm having a slight freak-out about my end of year exhibit. In that I have nothing to exhibit yet and I don't know what I want to do. I just want a job.
* Borders is fine. They asked me this week to take on some more responsibility, so that's nice. I like being a leader.
* The weather's been AMAZING - like high 20s. Until yesterday, when it decided to go back to Winter :(
* Anisia is pregnant :) Can't wait to meet their little bebe in February :D She's been up the last couple of days and it's been refreshing to talk about babies with her, because she's not yet a know-it-all, but talks about babies as one who's never had one, with an open-mind and only suppositions!
* Jordan's working very hard for his money...he catches the 6am train in and gets home at 6pm. He seems to enjoy work, just not the travel (1 hour commute to Brisbane).
* I'm loving catching up with friends!
* We've had Beth and Brett come and stay with us, as well as Renee and Matthias - had great fun with both teams! We've also loved being able to have Tyson and Rachael around and play with our godson, Linden, who is oh-so-cute! And then there's the adorable Lucas, son of my high school friend Brooke, who I really don't see enough of.
* Mum's started a tradition of 'Sausage Sunday', which we do every Sunday night with Lauren, at alternating houses (Mum and Dad's and ours). I love it - only wish it was a Friday or Saturday night so we could stay up later/sleep in in the morning!
* I get every third weekend off. I miss weekends off. Not long, Ellie, not long.
* Oh, and I'm still an intern at La Boite one day a week, which is going great. They've asked me to do some relatively menial design tasks (re-design a map of the theatre, comment forms etc), but I'm relishing the experience.
* Everything is once again piling up and I feel tremendous guilt. I feel guilty for not catching up with friends more often, for not spending enough time with Jordan, for not earning much at the moment, for spending money on things, for not getting any responses to jobs I apply for (and getting increasingly concerned that this will stay the same once I've graduated), for not having people around for dinner more often, for choosing to spend our money on our house, furniture, a kitten, etc when others want us to spend it on coffee, clothes, presents and dinners out (of course I want to spend it on these things too! But we have priorities...), for not having organised a house warming for ourselves (everyone keeps asking...and I want to, but I just can't fathom putting on a meal for 20 people right now) and for wasting people's time. And right now I feel guilty for having not done my readings for this week or started on my end-of-year exhibit. So I should get off of this thing!
That's just a snapshot of where I am at the moment...talk to me again in November, when I'm finished with uni and La Boite and can have some days off and I may be a different person.
:)
2 comments:
ah a new post it is good to hear how things are going and what you are up to!! you sound like a busy little bee!
lots of love from adelaide
You're always such a busy/driven person! I hope you are finding a few quiet moments - sounds like your morning walks might be golden for that!
Enjoy. xo
Post a Comment