Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Phase 3: Motherhood

We're back :) Each time we start a new phase in our lives I return from the blogger-graveyard, create a fancy new banner and see how long I can keep it up.

This phase: motherhood. (And for those who were wondering, Phase 1: Marriage/South Australia, Phase 2: Prague, Phase 3: Gold Coast and Motherhood).

As most of you know, I'm expecting a baby in October :). So yes, this will be a largely self-indulgent phase where I write predominantly about our journey. But a much better forum for it than facebook, where everyone and anyone would have access to my feelings, and my diary, where it's only seen by God and I. This is actually my main motivation since, before I was pregnant I had this desperate desire to know, 'what it's like'. You know, this whole 'growing a human' thing, and hopefully there are others out there who are as curious as I was. So I'll share my candid thoughts and feelings on this mystical topic that intrigued me for so long. And the things to come that still intrigue (and terrify) me.

I'm also hoping that this new-found free time (yep, only working part-time) will enable me to be more creative, and the blog will reap the rewards with photos and stories about my creative romps.

Finally - blogger is now enabled on my iPhone. I haven't tried posting from it yet, but I spend far too much time on facebook via this device, and am hoping blogging will provide a much more rewarding pass-time.

We'll see. Let me know if you're still there?!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

hey ellie...i come by every so often and see if you have written anything new! was happy to see something new...and a cute new banner! I like it! looking forward to seeing bump photos!

Sarah K said...

I'm still here! And at first I thought I was on the wrong page.. Love the new banner!