Thursday, March 29, 2012

Blog About a Blog

I'm thinking of starting another blog. I used to love blogging. But this blog has stuff from waaaay long ago that I don't really want new subscribers (or work-related subscribers) to be privy to. I'm thinking of making it work focused to force me to keep an eye on the design industry while I'm 'out of the loop'. Kind of like an Australian version of Print & Pattern. I'm really curious about what's out there by Aussie artists and love the broad scope of design on Print & Pattern (everything from table cloths to magnets). My concerns are:

1) I can't post links from this iPhone app :S This would mean logging in on my computer and I just don't have time. I have plenty of iPhone (read: breastfeeding) time.

2) Do I really want to signing up for another form of social media when I have a new little person needing my time and love? (My rebuttal: once I've read a little Bible and refreshed Print & Pattern and Pinterest 12 times each I spend hours on useless apps like Draw Something and Facebook waiting for baby to finish eating. I would much rather be engaging in the industry, and with others with a similar interest, than throwing my time to that garbage...I also don't know anyone in the industry and just having a website doesn't cut it when you're trying to network).

3) I hate the whole commenting system of Blogger. Ok, it's not rocket science but it's so much easier to comment on Facebook. That being said I was thinking I could post each blog entry link on my Facebook page also, so the option to comment on Facebook is there.

4) Aussie design might be too narrow. I'd hate to get 'stuck' and feel uninspired because I've pigeon-holes myself. Maybe that could just be a tag heavily featured portion of the blog...

So tell me, my loyal following of 2...to blog or not to blog? And answers to my deep, blog-related anxieties? (#firstworldproblems)

[Also. I think I'd shut this one down :( The only thing that's stopped me so far is I really want to print it. I know that sounds crazy but I have 7 years of entries (though the more recent 3 have seen very few)...I wonder how one goes about that?! Printing it all, I mean! Too hard basket for now...]

- Posted from Ellie's iPhone :)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

:) it was nice to come by here and see you'd blogged! I'd read your new one...you could print it all out...it might take some time to formate it but it would be pretty cool to have it in a hard copy!