Sunday, September 30, 2007

Family Time

What a month (or so?) we've had!!! Too much excitement, really!
First Anisia visited...


Then Mum and Dad...(L-R: Little Rueben (in high chair), Yvonne (Nathan's sister), Jordan, Kerran, Poppa, Jessie, Mum, Nathan, Nanna, Dad, Sean (Yvonne's husband - taken out at lunch for Poppa's birthday).


Mum, Dad, Nanna and cousins Jessie and Kerran.


Then Kong (AKA Diddy AKA Dad) came back again for his brother Ross' 50th in Nuri - good times! (Sorry, no better photos!)


And then I GOT TO GO NORTH! :D This past week I flew to Queensland very briefly to (finally) attend my graduation ceremony! Yes, I graduated in 2005, no, I don't think graduations are important enough to spend big bucks on but YES I was missing my family and Jordan gave me the gift of a wonderful, restful and enjoyable trip.


The Ceremony. Much to my disappointment, we sat facing the audience!!! So there was to be no snacking during the ceremony as previously planned...Fortunately, there was much fun to be had with an old friend (more on that in a minute) which made the horribly boring ceremony slightly more enjoyable. Apologies to my friends and family in the audience...at least you could catch a few winks without the fear of appearing on the BIG SCREEN!


So here I am, in the dress up with Kay, Jordan's mum.


More happy snaps with the world's most expensive graduation gown...


The family :) Well, those who could be there. :)


Tyson and Rachael were kind enough to support both Jordan and I at our graduations. At both occasions Tyson has taken WONDERFUL photos (hopefully these will be up soon, not that these aren't great Mama!), this setup being one created for Jordan also...


The aforementioned friend! Much to my surprise and excitement, Courtney graduated the same day as me!!! When we first moved to Queensland, Courtney was my Grade 5 'buddy' at Ashmore State School. Through high school we took most of the same subjects (art, drama and music), including private drama. We acted side by side in most productions as witches, audience hecklers, coloured girls and hopeless chefs...we cheered each other on, competed, envied (perhaps those last two were just me...) and dreamt of working in the industry together. Courtney is presently following her dream in the Film and Television industry whilst I pursue mine in the Theatre. I only hope we can work together in the future, as grown ups (!). Congratulations, Courtney :) Oh, and for those of you playing along at home, Weller graduated from his Masters in Early Childhood Education at the same ceremony :D


Post-graduation celebrations :D


...including 'a few of my favourite things' from Tyson and Rachael! These are some SUPERB dessert wines (and a riesling) that they brought along purely for my enjoyment...though I did share ;)


Once all was said and done there was nothing left to do but enjoy that fabulous Queensland weather. 32 degrees. Beautiful.


Anisia being naughty and splashing us...


I got to catch up with the lovely Mrs.Simmonds, whose wedding I flew up for in January (coincidentally, the last time I was in Queensland). I also got to see Lauren, Miranda, Dea, Tyson and Rachael - I miss everyone so much! There were so many people I wanted to catch up with, but alack, 3 days doesn't leave much room for dilly dallying! I was on a graduation mission...


Diddy Kong Kong. He was sick most of the time while I was up, so it was great to see him smiling for the camera and feeling a bit better. Thanks for lending me your car too, Kong!


On the way to Westfield Helensvale, just for a fun family outing before flying out that afternoon. I lost these sunglasses at Brisbane airport in a massive rush to get to the gate :( :( Much sadness.


MANY MANY MANY thanks to Mama and Diddy for having me, Neish for taking time out for me, Nanna for doing some alterations (!) and just being cute, Kay for being her usual generous self, Tys, Rach and Lauren for fun times and to those of you who made time to catch up with me. We can't WAIT 'til December, when we'll get to visit Queensland together for the first time since October 06...!!!

But next is Mum's visit in October - yay!

9 comments:

Annie Lambert said...

Yay....thanks for all the blogging. It was great spending so much time together. Love you zillions.

Rachael said...

So great to see the update! I could stare at myself for hours... :D Still miss Jordy. Can't wait to see you in November!

Lisa said...

Love the update! So many fun pictures. I admire your graduation outfit...the perfect mix of professional and funky!

Anonymous said...

Did you buy a gown? Love the picture of you, Rach and Tyson... made my day! Missed you this time I suppose but I catch you one day nasty Hobbit!

krissiandmatt said...

You are too cute!

Rachael said...

Oi! UPDATE YOUR BLOG MORE!!! I don't think a weekly post is too much to ask! We want updates, people...

Blair & Becca Miller said...

Hey Jordan and Ellie! Good to see what you guys have been up to! Blair and I get out of the mountains in three days, so that is pretty exciting. It has been pretty cold and snowy here, so we are ready to get back to normal life now! How is Australia? How are you guys doing? Send us an e-mail sometime: becs_84@hotmail.com Take care and God bless! Love Bec and Blair

Rachael said...

Oh, come ooooon.... I'm getting desperate here!!!! Put ANYTHING on here - anything at all! -Sigh-

Melissa said...

Wow, Riesling and the beach. Two of Melissa's favorite things:D