Thursday, September 18, 2008

Jordan's Job

In my self-centredness I forgot to mention a very important point....Jordan got a job!!!!!! In my limited understanding of it, he is working in the finance industry for a company called Clearstream, who manage people's bonds... something something...and are based in Frankfurt and Luxembourg. They're opening up an office in Prague, and Jordan will be one of the 'founding' staff, I guess you could say. It's an okay job with okay pay, but we're really grateful as English speaking jobs are few and far between.

For the first 2.5 months of training he will be based in Frankfurt....I would say this is a bad thing, but I know there will be positive experiences for both of us in our separate countries (Jordan loves Germany and is looking forward to brushing up on his German)...but of course I'll miss him terribly! We never planned on being in different countries! Still, they fly him 'home' every three weeks and I'm sure I'll be super busy back here. What he'll do on his own in Frankfurt, I'm not sure, but he'll probably have a bigger apartment there than we have here, so I'm sure he'll enjoy his bachelor pad!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Well done Jordy! We're very proud of you! And I know your German will serve you well. It will be hard to be away from Ellie, but what a great achievement for you. And it will look great on a CV when you get home too.

We're still just hanging around. Things should get moving in the next couple of days, though... Lots of love, Rach.

Rachel Esther said...

Hi! So, I finally had a a few moments where my head is clear (enough) to read through your posts. Wow! sounds like you are having a great time settling into a whole new way of living. I hope your first weeks of school was great.

Ms Albury - I thought that was her name but didn't trust my memory - thanks! and thanks for reminding me of the bike! I've been taking some year 10 students to the Primary schools in the northern suburbs to teach the little ones about Bike Safety - so funny that' i'm the one in charge of that!

Looking forward to reading more! I missed your stories!
xo