* I can do lots of work. And blogging. And stuff. Because Jordan's not here HOGGING all my time with his constant attention and love giving. :P
* Jordan can buy coconut milk for about $1 in Frankfurt (hurrah, no more rationing the coconut milk!)
* I can leave the bed down...haha....this is just one of my bad habits that I can get away with!
* We have 'our own' apartments, which takes us back to engagement times, and visiting each others' houses :D
* I can eat chocolate without my conscience (Jordan) telling me it's probably not a good idea, and with my other conscience telling me it's comfort food.
* I can leave dishes until the morning.
Okay, so I can't come up with a HEAP of good things. The main bad things:
* I miss him. Just chatting. It takes hours to debrief on facebook chat!
* Call rates are stupid, so I can only chat to him on facebook chat (see point 1).
* I wake up and am very confused about where he's gone.
* I have to go to the supermarket when I want something...haha...I can't just ask!
* I am worried about people finding out I'm living alone and breaking in. I know, irrational, but of course one has these thoughts!
* I can't bounce my film ideas off of anyone...well, not a friend anyway.
* No cuddles! From anyone!
To save boring y'all, the main point is, I miss him, but we're making it work. I say this on day 7 of not seeing him (the longest we've gone so far). There's still one month and 29 days until he's back for good, but only three sleeps until he's here for a visit! Plus he's left cute post-it notes around the apartment for me ;) I still don't think I've found them all! But my favourite is a note in the full-length mirror saying, 'You're beautiful'...which is quite funny considering some of the things I'm wearing when I stand in front of it.
In school news, I have now shot 3 projects and worked on 9 others. The last one was a stop-animation project and as such, editing it will be a mammoth effort. But I have a feeling it's going to be a good one :)
Other than that, we're both RIDICULOUSLY excited about Mum and Dad visiting for Christmas! :D It's our next thing to look forward to. Everything happens in December for us (Jordan comes home, we have both our birthdays, Christmas, New Years'), so it's only natural that we are excited about it.
We're also SUPER stoked to welcome a new bebe into the world: Linden John Stelzer, the precious baby of our very dear and beautiful friends, Tyson and Rachael. Linden is also our newest godson :D Since Jordan is Faith's godfather and I am Simeon's, we now have a lovely family of 3 'children' to pray for and watch grow strong in Him :)
In other news, my dear friend Brooke Simmonds (nee Bloxsom) is pregnant and due in February!!!! Brooke is the first of my high school friends to fall pregnant, and I'm sooo excited for her. But WHY all these babies while we're away!? Hehe...whoopsy, our fault. We are so excited for her and her husband Mike, who have been a beautiful couple for some 5 years or so! Can't wait to meet the little girl/fella!!!
I also believe I haven't posted since Anisia's wedding, so I will include a mish-mash of photos in this post, with some highlights of the past few weeks....it feels like so long ago that we arrived here! Crazy.
Love you all and miss you like you wouldn't understand.
Yep, still pretty. Just checking.
2 comments:
keep writing Ellie!
It must be very exciting to have Jordan coming 'home' for good soon.
God Bless,
Rachel
Hey Ellie - the rates from Germany are lots cheaper if he has a landline. Call up billiger-telefonieren.de and then enter Tschechische Republik and either mobile or landline and then he can call you pretty cheaply. I get Australia for 2 c a minute with call-by-call pre number numbers
Send me a message on facebook if you need mroe information-
Dorothea
Post a Comment