- Walking every single day, for between 20mins and 1hr. Usually closer to 40 mins. I miss about one day a week, usually because I've caught an early train and am busy at night.
- I don't eat unhealthily and didn't to start with. I still treat myself with chocolate or ice cream or a few drinks of wine, I just remind myself that the more crap I eat, the longer I'll have to walk for. And if I haven't walked that day - no treats.
- I don't like exercise, but I love our neighbourhood. I love walking in the mornings, feeling the day (it's the only time I spend outside) and enjoying the silence. I've taken to listening to Focus on the Family podcasts, to make it a more productive, reflective time. There are also kick-butt views if I want to take a look at God's creation. Plenty of motivation.
- Summer is looming. I'm sick of covering my tummy and being ashamed of my legs - so I set myself a goal. 5kg.
Since high school I've been so proud of not going above 59/60kg. After losing 5kg (and still having flubber galore!) I've realised that I've been very slack with my body. My 'normal' weight should have really been 54/55kg this whole time. So now there's a new challenge: to stay below 55. I'm terrified of putting on weight, so that should be motivation enough.
So here's my encouragement to you - get out and walk! It's beautiful :) If I can do it (and I HATE exercise....except rock climbing), you can too. :)
P.S. Today I bought a new swimsuit to celebrate. A one piece. For some reason I feel less inclined to show my stomach now that it's flatter? I know it looks better - the world doesn't have to. And now I can't WAIT to boogey!
4 comments:
Nice work Ellie! You have been very disciplined. I have gained double that in the last 104 days but feel totally ok about it =) You must feel wonderful. Where are some photos of your kick-butt new figure?
Hooray! Well done Ellie! You should be so proud of your determination! And double congratulations for the non-food treat!
Congratulations, I'm trying to achieve the same thing - well, more than 5 kg really, to fit into a wedding dress and not look like a frump. Wish me luck! Dorothea
Haha - thanks, all for your comments. You can do it, Dorothea - easy peasy - just walk every morning for 4-5 months :) Much easier if you have a nice walk....how exciting that your wedding is approaching! April next year, is it?? I forget, sorry!
Post a Comment